Top blog articles
Colorbond roofing is specifically steel or metal roofing. Colorbond roof colors are available in 22 different colors. These colors not only make the building look attractive but also helps to keep your home cool on hot sunny days. You can choose from a wide range of colors that suits the theme you have chosen for your home. Colorbond roofing is not only long lasting, good to look at but also thermally efficient. It also adds to your house’s value.
Advantages of steel roofing:
- Steel is a material known for its longevity. It is not damaged or withered easily. They can last for more than 100 years. Hence, steel roofing has provided a warranty of more than 50 years.
- Steel roofing is less expensive. Once installed it stays for long and does not require much repair.
- Steel is 100% recyclable. Usage of recyclable items is always beneficial.
- It can reflect heat away keeping your homes cool during summers. It has a better insulating capacity.
- Using steel for roofing makes the roofs extremely lightweight. A lightweight roof is good for any structure because it maintains structural stability. It also has a high wind resistance power.
Above are the reasons why Colorbond roofing is specially made of steel.
Types of steel that are used:
1. Galvanized steel:
This material is made of a wrought iron-steel sheet. This sheet is coated with zinc.
2. Silicon-coated steel:
This material is made by blending zinc and aluminum.
What to check before opting for steel roofing?
- Authenticity: It is of utmost importance to check the authenticity of the product. There may be adulteration in the material and an adulterated material is subject to damage easily.
- Quality: Quality of the steel used should be sturdy. A quality check of the product is a must. If you are not confident, you can always ask expert’s opinion in this case. You will get assurance upon their inspection.
- Cost: Steel is an inexpensive material with many advantages. Make sure you don’t spend too much on your roofing.
Colorbond roofing can assure you with the authentic and cost-effective product.
Types of steel roofing available:
- Metal panel roofing: This type of roofing has ribs in every 6 to 12 inches and the design is vertical. Metal panel roofing has a highly commercial look for the structure.
- Metal shingle-style roofing: This is a Spanish style of roofing. There are shingles, which are given layered look. Granulated-stone coats are given to offer a factory finish to the roof.
How to repair steel roofing?
There are some steps to repair roofing, in case of damage.
Step 1: Firstly, you will have to check with the loose nails. Pull those nails out and re-nail them.
Step 2: Secondly, check with the holes or rust in the metal roofing and mend them.
Step 3: Check for the leaks and if there are any, seal them up.
By following these steps on a regular basis, you can keep a check on the wear and tear of metal roofing.
Colorbond roofing has galvanized steel that is painted to keep them from rusting and other wear and tears. As these are colored, they give an appealing look to your abode. These are made keeping in mind the harsh weather conditions. Metal roofing is a rage among people these days because of its unconventional looks and the benefits. People do not want to change the roofing frequently and a metal roofing can give you a guaranty of a lifetime.